In conjunction with Charlotte’s professional dance company, Charlotte Ballet, UNC Charlotte offers a Professional Training Certificate in Dance for degree-seeking students specializing in ballet performance. The unique partnership provides the student professional dance training while earning a college degree.
Open by audition, the two-year, 16 credit-hour, Professional Training Certificate provides classes with expert teachers at the Charlotte Ballet Academy. Training in a professional dance environment puts students in contact with internationally acclaimed teachers such as Patricia McBride and gives them the opportunity to get an exclusive glimpse into the professional world of dance.
The Certificate is awarded upon completion of the baccalaureate degree. Pre-college credit is also available to high school students through this program.
Audition Registration Link: cbaportal.org/portal/auditions-group
Video Audition fee: $35
Video auditions should be no longer than 10 minutes in length and must include a live introduction with:
- Live introduction with name, age, years of study, and current place of study
- Center work should include adagio, petit allegro, grand allegro, pirouettes (en dehors and en dedans). Pointe work for women including pirouettes. Men should show tour en l'air and allegro that includes beats and pirouettes.
- November 1, 2021: Deadline for early admission
- February 15/ March 15, 2022: University of North Carolina Charlotte deadline for scholarships
- April 15, 2021: Deadline for 2022/2023 admission
The Professional Training Certificate is offered in partnership with Charlotte Ballet, a world-class repertory dance ensemble. Charlotte Ballet has received critical recognition for excellence in programming, education and outreach, and dance training.