COA+A ADVISING MISSION
The mission of the College of Arts + Architecture Academic Advising Program is to create an information-sharing and decision-making framework that requires students to be active participants in their education, which in turn enables them to identify and accomplish their educational, personal, and career-related goals. Advising in the CoA+A is a collaborative process between students, advisors, and faculty that promotes academic success, encourages timely progression through degrees, and connects students with resources and opportunities within the CoA+A and UNC Charlotte.
The College of Arts + Architecture (CoA+A) has a wealth of resources available for students seeking academic and professional advice. These resources include professional Academic Advisors, Undergraduate Studies Coordinators, and faculty mentors.
2021-22 CoA+A Academic Advising
For change-of-major and/or admissions questions about the College of Arts + Architecture, please see below:
5. For all Arts Education programs (Art Ed, Dance Ed, Music Ed, or Theatre Ed), please email Tesh Ramey (Tesh.Ramey@uncc.edu). Music Ed and Art Ed, please see the admissions websites for those majors above.
Who to Contact:
- Email the appropriate academic advisor with advising, registration, and/or other questions.
- With questions related to coronavirus, check UNC Charlotte's Niner Nation Cares website. If you don't find an answer, submit your question via this form.
- With questions about financial aid, tuition, student accounts, etc., see the Niner Central website or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re not sure whom to ask, email or call Elena Payne-Wiens, Assistant Dean for Advising & Assessment (email@example.com, 704-687-0876)
CoA+A Advising Team
- My UNC Charlotte: Banner Self-Service, CONNECT, Degree Works, etc.
- GPA Calculator
- General Education Requirements
- Academic Calendar
- General Academic Advising
- Academic Advising FAQs
- Academic Plans of Study for All Majors
- Academic Plans of Study for All Minors
- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- University Calatogs
- Undergraduate Graduation Application
- Graduate Graduation Application
- Academic Petition Form
- Transient Study Form
- Grade Replacement Policy and Online Form
- Audit and Pass/No Credit Form
- Use of Student Works Form
- Graduate students should contact advisors in their program of study, found on the Graduate School's website.
- Undergraduate students can locate their Academic Advisor through CONNECT, My UNC Charlotte, or through departmental contact link.