spring break: March 2-6, 2024
Join us Spring Break for a field trip to the creative heart of American culture. culture. We’ll visit New York City museums, performances, and architectural sites including the Museum of Modern Art, the High Line and Little Island, Brooklyn Museum of Art, Broadway, and Lincoln Center. Accommodations are at the beautiful Freehand Hotel, located in the Flatiron District.
This trip is open to eligible COAA students majoring in art & art history, architecture, dance, music, and theatre! See eligibility requirements below.
Subject to change
Saturday, March 2: Travel to NYC via American Airlines
Wednesday,March 61: Return to CLT via American Airlines
Costs: $350.00 per student. This price includes:
- Round trip flight from Charlotte to NYC
- 3 days, 4 nights at Freehand Hotel
- Metro pass
- Entry fees to all museums, sites, and performances
Meals, tips, or spending money are not included in this price.
- Majoring in art, art history, architecture, dance, music, or theatre.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have no pending or past academic integrity or student conduct violations.
- Priority is given to students who earned a minimum of 30 credits by Sept. 1, 2023.
- Spaces on this trip are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration is not complete until you have registered AND paid.
- Students will be expected to sign travel consent forms and adhere to the University codes of conduct.
- Priority is also given to students who haven't been on this field trip before.
CONFIRMATIONS: You'll receive a preliminary confirmation from COA+A upon payment of the trip. There will be a final confirmation email regarding your registration by December 15. No refunds given after Dec 31.