spring break: Feb 25-Mar 1, 2022
Join us Spring Break for a field trip to the creative heart of American culture. We’ll visit New York City museums and architectural sites, such as the High Line and Little Island, attend performances, and get behind-the-scenes tours of the Lincoln Center campus.
This trip is open to eligible COAA students majoring in art, art history, architecture, dance, music, and theater! See eligibility requirements below.
Click here to learn more and register for an info session. Our next info sessions will be Tuesday, October 25 at 5:30 pm, Friday, November 4 at 9 am, and Wednesday, November 9 at 12 pm. You will receive a calendar invitation to the zoom session after registering.
Click here to be directed to the College of Arts + Architecture's Marketplace to pay for the field trip.
Can't make an info session, but have questions? Watch a recorded info session here. Download the FAQ sheet here.
Subject to change
Saturday, Feb. 25: Travel to NYC via Charter Bus OR you may arrange for your own flight (not included in $300 fee)
Wednesday, March 1: Return to CLT via Charter Bus OR you may arrange for your own return flight (not included in $300 fee)
Costs: $300.00 per student. This price includes:
- Group travel on private Charter bus
- 3 days, 4 nights at HI New York City hostel
- Metro pass
- Entry fees to all museums, sites, and performances
Meals, tips, or spending money is not included in this price.
Students may elect to make their own travel arrangements to NYC by air (or other means). However, ALL students must arrive at the hostel for check-in and stay with the group from February 25-March 1. There is no discounted fee for students choosing to travel independently of the group charter bus.
- Majoring in art, art history, architecture, dance, music, or theater.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher after Fall 2021.
- Have no pending or past academic integrity or student conduct violations.
- Priority is given to students who earned a minimum of 30 but no more than90 credits by Sept. 1, 2022.
- Spaces on this trip are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration is not complete until you have registered AND paid.
- Students will be expected to sign travel consent forms and adhere to the University codes of conduct.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required for entrance to NYC museums, theaters, or indoors dining at this time. But we will monitor the NYC health guidelines and strongly encourage students to be vaccinated.
CONFIRMATIONS: You'll receive a preliminary confirmation from COA+A upon payment of the trip. There will be a final confirmation email regarding your registration by Jan. 9, 2022 reflecting Fall 2022 grades and GPA requirements. If your eligibility status for this trip changes due to this, you will be issued a full refund.