spring break: MARCH 5-9, 2022
Join us Spring Break for a field trip to the creative heart of American culture. We’ll visit New York City museums and architectural sites, such as the High Line and Little Island, attend performances, and get behind-the-scenes tours of the Lincoln Center campus.
This trip is open to COAA students majoring in art, art history, architecture, dance, music, and theater! See eligibility requirements below.
Subject to change
Saturday, March 5: Travel to NYC via Charter Bus
Wednesday, March 9: Return to CLT via Charter Bus
Costs: $250.00 per student. This price includes:
- Group Travel on private Charter bus
- 3 days, 4 nights at HI New York City hostel
- Metro Pass
- Entry Fees to all museums, sites, and performances
Meals, tips, or spending money is not included in this price.
Students may elect to make their own travel arrangements to NYC by air (or other means). However, ALL students must arrive at the hostel for check-in and stay with the group from March 5-9. There is no discounted fee for students choosing to travel independently of the group charter bus.
- Majoring in art, art history, architecture, dance, music, or theater.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher after Fall 2021.
- Priority is given to Sophomores having earned a minimum of 30 but no more than 60 credits. Additional students with 60+ credits will be waitlisted and included if there are openings.
- Started attending UNC Charlotte in Fall 2020 or prior to that semester.
- Have no pending or past academic integrity or student conduct violations.
- Students will be expected to sign travel consent forms and adhere to the University codes of conduct.
- Proof of vaccination is required for entrance to NYC museums and theaters and for indoors dining in restaurants. Therefore we strongly encourage students to be vaccinated in order to participate in this trip.